Bristol Manor Farm can today confirm that Supporters Player of the Year, Steve Kingdon, will be appointed as captain for the 2018/19 season.
Steve Kingdon has shown his incredible leadership ability over the last season, where it was immediately clear to everyone watching why teams like Taunton Town and Tiverton have all made Kinger captain in the past. Lee Lashenko has decided that Steve is the best man for the job following his first season down The Creek, when he joined us from newly promoted Tiverton Town back at the start of the 2017/18 season.
This completes a perfect week for our new Captain, who not only won the Supporters Player of the Year award yesterday, but also got engaged! Massive congratulations to him from all at Bristol Manor Farm, I’m sure all the Farmy Army will be excited to see how next season fares with our new skipper!
Bristol Manor Farm would also like to say thank you to Jordan Metters who captained us for four seasons, where the club has enjoyed great success. Just a small mention of what we have accomplished under Jordan Metters includes:
- Finished 4th in the league
- Won the Toolstation Cup
- Won the G.F.A Trophy by beating our local rivals Shirehampton 2-0 in the final
- Finished 3rd in the league
- Reached the last 8 of the F.A Vase for first time in our club history, with some great memories made in the Morth of the country
- Retained the G.F.A Trophy with a 9-2 final win over Lydney Town
- The most successful in our club history, we were crowned champions of the Toolstation Western League with a massive 102 point total and gained promotion to the Southern League
- Reached the last 16 of the F.A Vase
- Reached the semi-final of the G.F.A Trophy
- Our 1st ever Southern League season saw us flirt with promotion right from the start, we eventually finished 9th, 4 points away from a play-off spot
Jordan has been a great captain for our club and I believe he now more than ever will continue as being up there with the best players this club has had representing it.