Kidlington 1 Bristol Manor Farm 1 (6-7 after penalties)

Luc Rees was the hero as Manor Farm won a dramatic penalty shootout to equal thier best ever run and seal their place in the FA Cup Third Qualifying Round.

Both Farm and their hosts Kidlington had pulled off higher league scalps to get to this round and it was the visitors who had the lions share of the first half, having the first effort of the game as centre back Steve Kingdon drove forward and let fly from 30 yards which home stopper Christian Lawrence gathered at the second attempt. The hosts only real chance of the opening exchanges fell to Jacob Davidge who seized on some sloppy passing but could only fire wide. Farm were giving a debut to exciting youngster Marcus Day and he nearly marked the occasion with a goal, a superb one two with Lucas Vowles and his own neat footwork got him inside the box but his low shot was well saved. Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist was next to try his luck, more slick passing was worked to his feet but he sliced his shot wide. Kidlington then had an outstanding piece of defending to thank for staying level, Kingdons header back across was about to be snapped up by Vowles but Daniel West hooked the ball away in the nick of time. The Farm onslaught continued, first Lawrence was alert to deny Jamie Turners header from point black range before the visitors deservedly led. Day with some magical footwork allowing him to hang a cross that was headed down by Stuart Tovey and Mike Bryant turned it home, but im not even sure even he knows how!

The home side made a perfect start to the second half, a swift counter attack down the left with Billy Gillett feeding Steve Robertson who smashed home to level the tie. Farm didnt let their heads drop and continued to largely control the game, their first attack of the half eventually fell to Mike Bryant who went for the spectacular but couldn’t hit the target. Day, involved in mostly all Farm attacks in his first outing, was then denied by successful blocks following good work from substitute Lewis Bamford. Kingdon was a constant threat in the set price for Farm, first heading wide under pressure at the back post and then crashing another header just over as he escaped his marker from a Leigh-Gilchrist corner. Farm would create one final chance to go through in 90 minutes. Lucas Vowles found from another superb corner but his header was cleared off the line by home midfielder Thomas Moore.

After 12 successful penalties from the likes of Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist and Steve Kingdon, Kidlington were handed a golden chance to win it during sudden death as Jamie Turner placed his penalty high and wide but Steve Robertson was denied a chance of heroics by on loan Farm keeper Luc Rees. Tyler Ashmeads emphatic spot-kick then left the home side needing to score but back to back saves from teenage stopper Rees, made him a hero, put Farm in the hat and led to away side delirium in the far corner.