MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm 0-0 Lymington Town

Bristol Manor Farm were held to a goalless draw against Lymington at The Creek on Saturday afternoon, with the visitors’ defence holding firm with ten men for the last quarter. For the second time in a week, Matchday Reporter Jack Davies watched on from the sodden Creek stands. 

Farm were coming off the back of a huge midweek win and started brightly. Just three minutes in when Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist sent a free-kick to Owen Howe but his header drifted wide. Howe then turned provider, a clever-flick on bounced invitingly in front of Aron Robbins but the skipper couldn’t get clean enough contact.

Lyminton’s first chance also came via a set-piece. A clever short corner was worked into the box and defender Tim Stephenson headed over from close range.

Dom Thelen then escaped the Farm defence minutes after but his effort drifted wide.

Leigh-Gilchrist created the games first big chance, his clever through ball set Howe in, but his low shot was well saved by Ross Casey. Casey then had to be alert to preserve the statement before the break, saving smartly from a Howe driven free-kick and then holding another low effort from the striker late in the half.

Leigh-Gilchrist was at it again for the second-half’s first chance, showing some clever footwork to create half a yard but his effort dragged wide.

Farm then had defender Sam Boulton to thank before the hour mark, clearing off the line after a Thelan effort had bounced past keeper Ben John.

Farm would play the last half-hour a man up, Lymington’s Harry McGrath caught John’s head with his late boot and having already been booked the Ref had little option.

Despite the disadvantage, the visitors had the next big chance. Another good delivery and Craig Stanley’s header was tipped brilliantly on the bar by John.

Farm, buoyed by the relief, pushed on. Robbins misjudged a header as he made a clever near post run before Howe volleyed over as he attempted some acrobatics.

Defender Josh Ford had scored two in midweek and very nearly stole the headlines again, he swang at the ball following Mike Bryant’s knock down but the connection wasn’t clean and the ball evaded everyone to drop invitingly in the hands of Casey. The impressive Casey would have one final save to make in the dying embers, Kyle Tooze stepping inside brilliantly and his shot was parried wide.

Attention turns to Paulton Rovers who visit The Creek on Tuesday evening. Keep an eye out across the Manor Farm socials for post-match reactions from Tuesdays fixture.