MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm 3-0 Bishops Cleeve

Manor Farm put Bishop’s Cleeve to the sword as they progress in the Senior Challenge Cup with a 3-0 win at The BS3 Services Stadium, writes Jack Davies.

Lee Lashenko’s men had been in good form despite Saturday’s defeat at Totton, but it was the visitors who started sharper. Joe Selmon did well down the right before crossing to Kevin Slack, who brought the best out of home stopper Ben John. Farm’s first chance fell to their in-form number 9 Owen Howe. The striker headed just over after a pinpoint cross from wingback Jayden Nielsen. Nielsen and Marcus Day began causing havoc down the Farm left, combining well to set up the next chance for Evander Grubb who was just beaten to the low cross by visiting keeper Greg Lannon. Farm would get reward for the pressure after 20 minutes. Midfield general Frankie Artus fired an effort that he was desperately unlikely to see clip the underside of the crossbar before Owen Howe followed in to convert the rebound. His 15th of the season. Farm doubled their lead only 2 minutes after taking it. A diagonal ball over the top was misjudged by Lannon and his defender Will Turner and Grubb stretched every sinew to get a decisive touch and divert the ball into the net. Cleeve threatened to strike back before the break. Isaac Pierce forced another fine save by John before defender Steve Kingdon did brilliantly with a goal saving tackle at the back post.

John was forced into action early in the second half too. Pierce sent a wide free kick towards the back post and the keeper was alert to tip the ball over. Farm wrapped the tie up with a wonderfully crafted counter attack. Nielsen beat 3 players to create the space before finding Day whose low cross was absolutely hammered home by Howe for his second and Farm’s third. The big striker would have a couple of chances to get the match ball as the second half ticked by without too much incident. Day was neatly found by Nielsen again and his low drive was spilled by Lannon before the keeper did just enough to thwart Howe’s chance for a tap in. The final chance for the striker came from Day once more who’s wicked cross was half an inch too high, and Howe could only glance the ball wide.

STAR MAN – Jayden Nielsen.