Bishop Sutton 1 Bristol Manor Farm 3

Manor Farm continued their near perfect pre-season with another win on the road against Bishop Sutton. Manor Farm started in customary attacking mood, just a few minutes in and Jamie Bird weaved inside, beating two defenders before dragging his shot narrowly wide. Farm would go ahead in the twelfth minute, Tyler Ashmead’s wonderful darting run matched by a sublime drilled cross was gleefully tucked home by the onrushing Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist, who maintained his pre-season purple patch. Ashmead nearly made the second a few minutes later, another run down the right and clever cut back, but Mike Bryant’s goal bound effort lacked the required power. Lucas Vowles was next to try his luck, somehow evading three defenders, he powered in from wide, and his snapshot was pushed away by home keeper Seth Locke. The onslaught continued as the hosts began to drop closer to their own area, Jamie Bird beating the trap, his dinked finished beat the keeper but dropped past the far post. After missing that chance he tried his hand at providing, a wonderful cross from the right was met on the slide by Bryant, but he could only steer high and wide. Farm had one more chance before the break to extend the lead, Leigh-Gilchrist finding space on the edge but his effort was comfortably saved.

Farm were a little slower out of the blocks second half and conceded to the hosts first meaningful attack, as Sam Downes got in down the right and his low finish beat Ben John. Parity was extremely brief as Leigh-Gilchrist found space a minute after the restart, before his cute reverse pass found debutant Nyall Gray, who chopped inside and buried the ball into the far top corner. Farm weren’t about to give the home side another chance to equalise, and grabbed a two goal cushion just minutes after retaking the lead, the loose ball falling for Bird, who unleashed an unstoppable effort into the far corner. The boy doesn’t do tap ins! 3 should have been 4 on the hour mark, Leigh-Gilchrist gliding through wide and his square ball found Evander Grubb, whose effort was superbly blocked on the line. Mason Winter was next to try to extend the lead, first his attempted cross nearly dropped in at the far post and then he shaped a free kick just wide. Gray nearly bagged his brace before the end, latching on to a wonderful ball by Grubb but his shot was well saved by Locke

Star man – Jamie Adams