Llantwit Major 3-0 Bristol Manor Farm

A spirited second-half performance wasn’t enough as a makeshift Manor Farm began pre-season with a 3-0 defeat away to Llantwit Major FC.

The home side started on the front foot, making the most of sloppy defending down Farm’s right side. Their warning shot came from winger JJ who was played through but was denied by Harry Thomas-Barker in the Farm goal.

Lee Lashenko’s side didn’t learn their lesson and found themselves one goal down within the opening five minutes. JJ again seizing on poor defending, and the forward made no mistake when drove the ball into the back of the net. One quickly became two, as JJ found himself through on-goal and rolled the ball past Thomas-Barker.

Manor Farm’s young side was creating chances of their own and began to settle into the game. Marcus Day’s deep corner dropped to Steve Kingdon but his snapshot was well blocked. The resulting corner was excellently placed into Mike Bryant, but the midfielder could only stand and watch his header go wide.

Day was beginning to influence the game also; the winger picked up the ball, slipped his way past three challenges before his dangerous low ball was dispossessed.

Major should have added a third just before the break, Thomas-Barker with another smart save, and the striker somehow placed wide on the rebound.

The hosts would get their third just after the break, the full-back allowed to travel 40 yards inside unopposed and his lay off was swept beautifully in the corner.

Manor Farm did limit the hosts as the second-half progressed, with some of the club’s younger players growing in confidence. Luca Ponsilla did well to deny the hosts with his sliding block.

Manor Farm would finally beat the home keeper, but even after Kingdon’s powerful low drive was heading goal bound, it was hacked off the line by a covering defender.

Manor Farm continued to turn the screw late on, but the Major defence stood firm and ensured that the score would end favourably for the hosts.