MATCH REPORT: Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3-1 Bristol Manor Farm (FA Cup)

Two second-half goals condemn Farm to an early FA Cup exit as Aylesbury Vale Dynamos progress, writes Jack Davies.

The first-half was a very even affair, with the hosts having the first effort of note. Dave Brown slipped past a few feeble challenges before firing wide.

The Farm should have led inside 15 minutes. A dangerous Steve Kingdon throw was flicked by Aron Robbins, but Ben Bament could only lift the ball over as he arrived at the back post.

The Portwaymen would take the lead via the penalty spot before the half hour. Howe used his body well to win it before dusting himself off to score.

Gosling went close to doubling the lead just minutes after. He combined well with Harry Lucas before forcing a smart near-post save.

Aylesbury would equalise with their first real chance of note. Jack Hodgkins flicked on a corner and his centre-half partner Terry Griffiths bundled the ball home at the back post.

Bristol Manor Farm would have the final chance of the half. Gosling’s clever flat corner found Howe unmarked, but he failed to make proper contact.

The second-half was not one to live long in the memory for Lashenko’s Farmers. Baldwin collected a loose ball and strode through unchallenged to calmly tuck away and give the home side the lead.

Aylesbury would double the lead as Farm found themselves at 6s and 7s once more. Prince Nimoh in acres of space on the right and he cut in unopposed to fire into the far corner.

Despite a tough start to the half, Farm did have half an hour to get back in. Almost back in it instantly as Howe met Gosling’s free-kick but his header went wide.

Even when Farm did have the ball in the net the luck was against them. Howe finished brilliantly after substitute Evander Grubb’s through ball but the flag halted the celebrations.

Aylesbury always carried a threat on the counter as their confidence grew. Ben John forced into an excellent double save before Fulton’s sliced effort hit the inside of the keeper’s post.

Aylesbury’s keeper Liam Studley would have the final word, finally forced into second-half action after he saved smartly from Jayden Neilsen’s low strike in injury time.