MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm 1-2 Frome Town

Manor Farm suffered another late sucker punch on Tuesday night as Frome Town snatched all three points at The NL Services Stadium, writes Jack Davies.

The game started with Farm in the ascendancy, and they created a big early chance for top scorer Owen Brain. Good work from Jayden Nielsen and Ben Bament before the latter slid Brain in, but his snapshot was dragged wide. The same three players would combine as Farm took a deserved lead after 27 minutes. Brain found Nielsen whose low shot was too hot to handle for visiting keeper, Phillips and Bament reacted first to put the rebound away. Farm continued to press but suffered their first sucker punch of the evening as Frome levelled from nowhere. A short corner led to a rather hopeful looking deep cross, but nobody got anywhere near visiting midfielder George Rigg, who made the most of his acres of space to volley in from close range. The final chance of the half fell to that man Brain again. He span in behind following a lovely, flighted ball by Jamie Adams but could only slice wide at the near post.

Farm continued to have the bulk of the goalmouth action after the break and could have led on the hour. Nielsen and substitute Jamie Bird combined well after riding a few challenges before the ball was worked to Bament once more. The striker controlled well and drove low, but Phillips made an excellent save to preserve the stalemate. Frome were getting into similar good areas but were struggling to create real chances. Kane Simpson stabbed wide from the angle and Davies sent a low effort skidding past the post. Farm were looking far more likely to get a winner but their recent habit of being punished late on reared its head once more. Frome goal scorer Rigg was only subbed off due to his outrage at a tackle on himself, whilst on a booking, but the decision would prove vital, as his replacement snatched the winner. A recycled corner was sent back in and Will Taylor, another man afforded too much room in the area, volleyed home as the game ticked past 90 minutes. The drama was quite done for the evening as a melee ensued following the goal. Ben John was given a red card but had every right to feel aggrieved that he was the only one dismissed, after what looked several kick outs and raised arms on both sides.