MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm 2-0 Mangotsfield United

Derby day delight for Lee Lashenko’s Bristol Manor Farm as they further increase Mangotsfield’s woes with a 2-0 victory courtesy of goals from Ben Bament and Owen Howe. Matchday reporter Jack Davies was back at The Creek to cover the action.

Mangotsfield were determined to bounce back from Saturday’s heavy defeat to Plymouth Parkway when they travelled to The Creek on Monday afternoon. Their first chance of the match came following a succession of corners with George Neill glancing his header over the Farm goal.

Their second chance saw home stopper Ben John called into action, saving smartly from Wayne Nderimani, after he’d cut inside to get a shot away.

Farm woke up after a nervy 10 minutes and nearly led in superb fashion, Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist with a sumptuous outside of the foot cross but Owen Howe could only head wide.

Then came the first highly-contentious moment of the game. Miguel Frecklington kicked out at Kyle Tooze off the ball, and despite the referee apparently seeing the incident, only a yellow was produced.

Farm kept coming as the game livened up, first Ben Bament collected a smart flick from Tooze his shot was saved and then Bament turned provider for Owen Howe but his shot was also smothered and held by visting keeper Cameron Pike.

The half would end in a stalemate but not before a but chance a peice for both side. Mangotsfield really ought to have been ahead when John’s brilliant reaction saved dropped to Liam Towler but he somehow put his effort over from 5 yards out. 

Kyle Tooze had the last chance of a combative half, reacting to a flick on quickly and his unselfish option to square may have been the wrong decision and the ball was hacked clear.

Tooze was involved early in the second half too, at the end of a neat move but his shot snatched hide and wide.

Another chance came and went for Farm, a superb tackle from Tovey span the ball into Howe but his shot was well blocked.

Ben John that spared his own blushes from a Mangos counter attack, he slipped as he went to clear but recovered well to make an excellent challenge.

Farm finally led on the hour mark as the pressure finally told, Jayden Nielson with a superb ball wide to Tooze and his perfect cross was swept home by Bament.

The visitors then completely unravelled a minute later, first they were reduced to 10 and captain Mircea Ilea was sent off after his second booking in 10 minutes. The second of those bookings was for a foul of Bament and after he was fouled again a few minutes later. Leigh-Gilchrist placed a perfect free-kick which was superbly headed in by Howe, his sixth of an already productive season.

Farm were turning the screw now, Josh Ford headed just wide under pressure at the back post before Owen collected another excellent Tooze pass before his shot was well saved.

Bament had a couple of chances to get another, first a defenders toe nicked the ball away from a tap in and then he rose to meet a Dean Stamp cross but his header went wide.

The visitors settled despite the pressure and had a half chance to make it interesting late on, Joe Beardwell put a searching cross in on the counter and Ford did well to lift it wide as he was caught eye to eye with his own keeper.

Bament had another chance to get his brace as the game ticked towards stoppage time, a wonderful through ball from Stamp but his half volley went agonisingly wide.

STAR MAN, Ben Bament