MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm 4-2 Plymouth Parkway

Bristol Manor Farm overcame a two goal deficit on Tuesday night as they condemned high-flying Plymouth Parkway to a 4-2 defeat at The Creek. In just under 24 hours from Tuesday’s fixture, Matchday Reporter Jack Davies covers all the action that unfolded in what will be looked back on as a memorable night in the club’s history.

Despite a nine day lay-off, Manor Farm looked like a team that were thankful for the rest. The lively Kyle Tooze carried the ball 30 yards before cutting inside and seeing his low effort blocked.

Tooze was at it again a few minutes later, twisting inside of defender Ryan Lane and unleashing another effort that whistled just over.

Plymouth Parkway had made a very strong start to the campaign and began to get a foothold. First Steve Kingdon had to be alert to turn away a goalbound effort from Michael Williams before it would be the Farm man himself who would give his opponent the lead. Jack Crago’s low shot taking a touch off Kingdon before tricking over the line.

Farm weren’t deterred and almost leveled instantly. Tooze again making his own space and delivering a cross for Aron Robbins, the captains’ header was looping goalbound and but for the actions of Plymouth defender Callum Rose, it may have dipped inside the post.

The visitors then had Rose to thank again shortly after. Owen Howe’s flick-on looked to have set Tooze away but the defenders’ last ditch tackle was timed superbly.

Those defensive interventions would be rewarded too. River Allen’s free-kick was spilled by Ben John, and Williams was quickest to react to double the Plymouth lead.

Farm rallied once more and got a hugely deserved goal before the break. Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist with a perfect corner and Josh Ford was left all alone to power home his header.

Lashenko’s men then could have easily gone in level. Tooze’s whipped cross fell at the back post to Robbins, but he skewed his effort wide of the near post.

It had seemed the break had come at a bad time for Farm but that notion was put to bed just a few minutes in.

Leigh-Gilchrist’s first corner of the second-half saw a Tooze flick turned off the line by Ethan Mitchell, but his second set peice eventually fell to Ford and the centre back finished like a seasoned striker to get his and Farm’s second.

The turnaround was complete just moments later when Tooze turned a sixpence, and his perfectly weighted pass set Jamie Short away to open his Manor Farm account, sending the home supporters into delirium.

Plymouth were reeling, but couldn’t capitalise on the few chances to draw level around the hour mark.

Adam Carter saw two well-struck efforts saved by Ben John, before heading over a guilt-edged chance following a well worked set piece.

The visitors’ comeback attempts were made harder with 15 minutes left as they were reduced to ten men. Ryan Lane, who had been given a torrid time by Tooze all afternoon, lashed out following a coming together between the pair and he was rightly given his marching orders.

Farm were honouring manager Lee Lashenko’s late Father in the game and both Dad and Son would have shared a broad smile at the way the game was settled for good.

Kyle Tooze’s eventful night was topped off in champagne fashion, with the forward collecting from 30 yards and his rocket flew into the far corner to secure a much deserved three points on Tuesday night.

Next up, Bristol Manor Farm will welcome Lymington Town to the Creek next Saturday, with all eyes on AFC Totton who lead Manor Farm at the top of the division by five points. You can watch Manager Lashenko’s post-match reaction on our Official YouTube channel HERE.