MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm 5-1 Brislington

A clinical, attacking performance on Tuesday evening saw Manor Farm hit five against a very game Brislington side, writes Jack Davies.

Farm were looking for three wins in a week and started brightly here. Josh Ford rose above everybody to head a free kick down and the young trialist volleyed narrowly wide. Harry Lucas got his pre-season goal tally up and running last time out and he showed the confidence that gave him, lashing an effort from fully 30 yards that the visiting keeper palmed away to safety. The move of the match midway through the first half should have saw Farm ahead. A swift break saw Jay Adams feed Shea Mannings and the latter’s clever backheel return pass didn’t quite get the finish it deserved. Adams placing the ball just over the bar from inside the area. Farm had been excellent from attacking set pieces all pre-season so far and a pair of them brought the next two chances. Josh Ford cannoned a header that was brilliantly saved by Bris’ keeper George Dorrington before a Jayden Nielsen free kick was headed wide by debutant defender Ollie Woodhouse. The former Roman Glass captain had only signed on the day of this game and needed just 45 minutes to open his Farm account. Nielsen with another perfect delivery and the new signing crashed his header into the roof of the net, to give Farm the lead at the break.

Brislington had played some nice football despite being behind and had the majority of the early second half chances. Dean Griffiths’ header forced an outstanding save by Seth Locke before his defender Ford had to be alert twice, heading and sliding the ball to safety, following two inviting crosses. The visitors did level just before the hour and in some fashion. A free kick on the edge of the area, that was fired into the far top corner. Farm weren’t held level for long however and once more, Nielsen was the key to the goal. He collected Ford’s clever pass between the lines and his weighted ball was perfect for the trialist, who’s outside of the boot finish nestled in the bottom corner. Farm ended the game in a relentless and clinical manner. Bevan Cross, who had only just been substituted on, beat his man and supplied a low delivery that than man Nielsen buried at the second attempt to give Farm a two-goal lead. Nielsen wasn’t done there, a stellar performance underlined by a hattrick of assists wrapped up in the 85th minute, barely 30 seconds after scoring one himself. His interception and pass split the Brislington offside trap and the trialist helped himself to a brace. Both the trialist and Nielsen had multiple goal contributions to their names, but a certain defensive debutant was not to be outdone. Woodhouse got himself well forward and his intended cross dropped into the far top corner for his second and Farm’s fifth.