MATCH REPORT: Bristol Manor Farm U18 7-0 Weston-Super-Mare U18

The Young Farmers turned in arguably their best performance of the season earlier this week, as they demolished Weston-super-Mare U18 to make it three league wins on the bounce, writes Richard Lloyd.

Following their victory against Street U18 last week, the Young Farmers returned to The Creek in-form, with an explosive front line very much in the mood.

They had to withstand early pressure from the visitors though, as Weston-super-Mare threw players forward, in attempt to breach the Young Farmers’ defensive line.

In the second minute, Weston-super-Mare secured a free-kick on the edge of the Manor Farm box. Struck with venom and moving in the air, Allen saved superbly to deny the Weston-super-Mare skipper from opening the scoring.

In the fifth minute, Courtier, who has been in magnificent form lately, read the Weston-super-Mare through ball and released to Butler in midfield to counter. Butler transitioned quickly, slotting through to Jenkins, who, from 15 yards out made no mistake. One touch. Bang. 1-0 Manor Farm.

In the 30th minute, following some clever build up play, the Weston-super-Mare midfielder played an excellent one-two with his full-back, before squaring to the arriving winger, who thumped the ball towards Allen’s far post, only for Courtier to make an unbelievable block to deny the visitors from levelling the game.

From the resulting block, the Young Farmers moved the ball forwards with frightening pace, testing the Weston-super-Mare goalkeeper twice, before earning themselves a corner. From the set play, Manor Farm doubled their lead, as a vicious, in-swinging cross was met by centre back Jenkins, who headed home. 2-0.

For the remainder of the half, the Young Farmers blew away the visitors in what must have been on a par with some of the most devastating attacking football seen at The Creek. The Weston-super-Mare box was under siege repeatedly, as their defensive line was completely dismantled.

In the 34th minute, Andrews beat two Weston-super-Mare players and fired low to force another Manor Farm corner. From the resulting corner kick, Tierney wrong-footed the Weston-super-Mare fullback and opted to switch play to the advancing McCarthy, who riffled the ball at goal, rattling the woodwork.

In the 36th minute, Cummings produced a fantastic piece of individual skill on the edge of the Weston-super-Mare box to evade the midfielder, before forcing another fine stop from the visiting goalkeeper.

The Young Farmers turned the screw in the 38th minute, when Pollinger found Jenkins out-wide. Seeing the Weston-super-Mare goalkeeper was off of his line, Jenkins chipped the ball over his head in what was the finish of the night so far. 3-0.

In the 43rd minute, McCarthy beat the Weston-super-Mare fullback for pace, but was brought down a few yards from the touchline and a free-kick was awarded. Cummings found centre back, Jenkins, at the back post, who headed home for the second time in the game to increase his team’s lead. 4-0.

In the 64th minute, Weston-super-Mare rolled the dice, pushing their fullbacks high in an attempt to overload the Manor Farm defensive third. Once again, however, Allen and Courtier were equal to this, and having dealt with the danger, played the ball to Tierney. Tierney, imperious as ever, was absolutely lethal on the counter attack and slotted through to Andrews, who cleverly lost his man. One-on-one, Andrews sent the remaining Weston-super-Mare centre back the wrong way, before calmly placing the ball past the Weston-super-Mare goalkeeper. 5-0.

The introduction of Selwood and Mead proved electric. Mead started taking players on at will, linking up with his team mates and was proving a real handful. Selwood, bolstered by his recent form, oozed confidence in possession and transitioned the ball into the attacking third incredibly well.

In the 68th minute, Mead carried the ball out wide, before delivering into the box to find Jenkins, who volleyed the ball into the top corner to complete a superb hat-trick. 6-0.

In the 75th minute, debutant, Lewis, started a move with McCarthy which resulted in him being given the ball back on the edge of the visitors’ box. With Weston-super-Mare players failing to press, Lewis opted to strike towards goal, forcing a brilliant save from the visiting goalkeeper.

In the 88th minute, centre back, Jenkins, also secured his third goal of the game, when he was the first player to react to a partial Weston-super-Mare clearance, thumping the ball high above the goalkeeper to round off a stunning performance from the Young Farmers.

STAR MAN: Alfie Andrews