MATCH REPORT: Bideford 1-0 Bristol Manor Farm

Manor Farm’s winning streak came to an end as they suffered late heartbreak in Bideford, writes Matchday Reporter Jack Davies.

The home side were also in good form and started brightly, Alex Moyse collected from 30 yards and his speculative effort dropped narrowly wide.

Farm’s first chance came at the end of a wild scramble on the edge of the box. Several challenges flew around and with a few players sprawling on the floor, Lucas Vowles struck for goal but saw his effort deflected wide.

Bideford were looking the stronger in the opening exchanges, Moyse brought a save by Ben John and Bello headed over from the resulting loose ball.

John then had to be even more alert after half an hour. A goalmouth scramble was eventually swung at by Craig Duff but the Farm keeper showed fine reflexes to save.

Farm came strong at the end of the half, Mike Bryant denied what looked a very strong penalty appeal before he collected from Mason Winter and seen his effort glance off the post. From the resulting corner, Josh Ford came inches from heading home at the back post.

Farm finally had the wind with them second-half, and had a great chance to steal ahead after just a few minutes in. Bryant’s perfect pass split the defence for Vowles and despite showing poise to round the home keeper, he was denied by the recovering James Mayne.

Vowles was involved again before the hour mark. His neat one-two with Winter set him away but his snapshot arrowed wide.

Adam Seedhouse-Evans in the visiting goal had a quiet hour before he was called into action. Lloyd Mills collected a deep Jayden Nielsen cross before his half volley was tipped over by the keeper.

Farm were looking ever likely as the game went on, Vowles again could only steer wide after Bryant did well to close down a clearance.

Farm’s last chance of normal time fell to teenage substitute Luco Ponsillo. He was found after more good work by Bryant but took a touch too many and his eventual effort was blocked by Mayne.

Bideford had rode their luck and thought they’d won it in injury time. Ex Farm man Kai Fisher rose highest and his header was somehow kept out by a truly outstanding fingertip save by John.

Disappointment would turn to elation from the resulting corner though. Farm laboured to clear and the loose ball found it’s way to Charles Hanson, who stayed the coolest man in the area to find the far corner and end Farm’s six match winning run.

Manor Farm would have one final chance to salvage a point. An almighty goalmouth scramble, including a few penalty claims, failed to cross the line before Steve Kingdon lashed wide as the ball trickled to the edge of the box.