MATCH REPORT: Wimborne Town 3-2 Bristol Manor Farm

Manor Farm suffer late heartbreak as Wimborne score late to seal all there points in a game which saw an incredible three goals in injury time, writes Jack Davies.

Farm were keen to get back amongst the points and came out the traps brightly, some neat passing almost set Owen Howe away but the ball just evaded him.

The home side were in good form and started to impose themselves in the game. A good spell of possession resulted in a succession of corners but neither was taken advantage of.

Farm always carry a threat from a set play and skipper Jake Gosling sent the latest whipped free kick in but Aron Robbins could only head over.

Just as Farm began to start to build pressure, they were caught on the break. A clever dummy opened up the space and the in form Harry Baker drilled home the opener for Wimborne.

Barely a minute after, Farm had their best chance so far. Gosling and Howe involved before the latter sent the pass to Kye Simpson, who’s curling effort was tipped just wide.

Baker could have doubled the lead just before the break. The striker seemed to take an age to get his feet sorted and his eventual shot lacked the power to trouble Ben John.

The second half started very well for Farm. Probing passing led to a few nearly moments before Farm levelled after an hour. A trademark Gosling corner was met by the thumping header of Josh Ford. The big defender now has four goals this season, all of them away from home.

The game took a real end to end feel as both sides looked for a winner. Jayden Neilsen almost scored one of the goals of the season in Farm’s next chance.

He left three or four defenders for dead before his snapshot was well saved by Murphy in the home goal.

The hosts chance just minutes after fell to the dangerous Bartlett. The midfielder struck superbly from range and Ben John’s smart save was followed up by a brilliant Ford clearance.

Ben John wasn’t done there either. In the final minute of normal time, he saved superbly following a Kingdon slip as Wimborne looked destined to win it.

The Farm defender recovered superbly after that fine save, throwing himself at the ball to deflect the rebound over.

All the defensive resilience seemed like it would count for nothing as Wimborne stole a lead in injury time.

Oakley Hanger’s dipping cross didn’t get a single touch as it bounced high into the far corner to send the home fans crazy.

Incredibly that wasn’t it! Farm forced a corner deeper into added time and after a clearance fell to Marcus Day, he fired a rocket into the corner to equalise.

What happened next could not be written. Almost directly from kick off, the in form Bartlett hit one from the half way line that someone found his way in for a dramatic winner.