MATCH REPORT: Plymouth Parkway 3-1 Bristol Manor Farm (FA Trophy)

Bristol Manor Farm’s FA Trophy adventure is over at the hands of Plymouth Parkway following a very exciting game at Bolitho Park, writes Jack Davies.

The home side, like Farm, had picked up form of late and they were ahead inside five minutes. Captain Ryan Lane set a low ball across and striker Ben Seymour was on hand at the back post to smash home.

The Farm were deterred and set about probing for an equaliser. Marcus Day stole the ball high up but his shot had the sting taken out by the block of Toby Stephens.

Parkway goalkeeper Adam Parkes was then needed for the first time, saving smartly from another Day effort.

Ben John in the Farm goal also had to be alert after half an hour. Rio Garside found himself free inside the area but his shot was well saved.

Parkway would go into the break two ahead in confusing circumstances. A corner was met by Austen Booth and despite the linesman’s flag being raised, a discussion between officials led to the goal being given.

Farm refused to roll over and came out firing in the second half. Minutes after a stonewall penalty was waved away, despite Kye Simpson winning a race to the ball with goalkeeper Parkes, Farm won a corner and made it count. Defender Josh Ford made it an incredible three goals in three games as he planted his header home following Jake Gosling’s set play.

Manor Farm were piling pressure but looked susceptible to the pacey Parkway counter. Jared Lewington saw his header superbly saved by John before substitute Palfrey rattled the crossbar from range.

Farm’s last chance to get level came and went as the game entered stoppage time. A long throw caused some penalty box pinball and skipper Aron Robbins improvised a flicked effort that just trickled wide.

With Farm flying forward, Parkway put it beyond doubt on the break. Despite wasting two glorious counter chances, their third was eventually swept home by Garside to ensure a 3-1 victory.

(STAR MAN – Mason Winter)